Join our team
So, why work for us? Here at Team Dunton it’s not just about what we do but how we do it! We care about the environment, we care about our customers and we care about each other.
We want ‘A Team’ players to work with us, to grow our business and make a huge positive impact on our organisation. This means you will not only have the skill and technical expertise that your chosen profession requires but also are a great communicator with a ‘can do’ attitude, you are enthusiastic and reliable and always strive to do the right thing for the right reasons. We reward great performance, not only with great packages and varied development opportunities, but also loyalty and support.
If this sounds like your kind of place, and you think you sound like our kind of person please check the currently available vacancies below. If there isn’t anything in your field or location please use the form to send us your CV, along with details of what you may be interested in and we’ll add you to our candidate database to keep in touch about future opportunities.
Dunton have sites across the UK and our new Head Office is now based in Aldridge Walsall.
We employ great people. When it comes to employee performance, we always aim for outstanding. That’s because we know that one outstanding employee can outshine an entire team. It’s our goal to hire and retain performing “A” Players.
Please click job title for details
Reporting to: Deputy MD – DT
Location: Business Development / North-West
|Job Purpose Statement|
The Role: (overall purpose/goal of the role and its fit in the organisation. What does the role aim to achieve, what wouldn’t happen if the role didn’t exist?)
· To produce sales into the business
· Build and maintain key relationships
· To correctly assess project ‘’go/no go’’
· To follow up and follow through with clients and opportunities
· To manage marketing message and increase brand awareness
· To prepare and deliver EnviroSMART presentations
· Drive efficiency, price work that meets USP and maximise profits
· To raise business profile and assist in marketing the message
· To educate clients to buy from us
· To ensure jobs are started efficiently with clarity and understanding so they can deliver tendered margin/program/quality or better
Key relationships internal/external
· Hubs (Soil Treatment Facilities)
· Pre-assessments (go/no go)
· F Ups
· Site Visits
· Client Meetings
· Internal Meetings
· Pre-assessments done as per go/no go sheet within 3 days of receiving tender sign off
· Achieve a win ratio of better than 1:3 and on completion the project has achieved profit within 10% of margin
· Submitting tenders with all attachments i.e. Scope, CSA, program, T&C, Attendances, Clients sign documents on deadline date
· Follow up within 3 days of submission to gain information on price point, start dates, any chokeholds, and understanding from client, if we lose – Why? = price, relationship etc.
· Site visits as required if unusual site conditions
· To secure a client tender follow up meeting before the order is placed
· Gain sign off from Line Manager (MD) before submission and have one early stage meeting with Operations Director or CM or MD
· Secure Orders
· Pre-start Meeting
· Handover Packs
· Client Pre-starts
· Client has agreed to all T&C issued complete order agreed by DE Commercial team
· Pre-start meeting includes all tender data uploaded to View Point, handover hard copies, formal meeting with Operations/Commercial/Health & Safety. To be done at least 1 week before start or of possible on large projects allow 2 weeks beforehand. Ensure pre-start checklist is completed and tasks assigned
· Attend client pre-start meetings and deliver all necessary pre-start documents as requested
· Video Case Studies
· EnviroSMART -Seminars
· Client Liaison
· Brand Alignment
· Client Feedback -Referrals
· Website Updates
· Issue E-Flyer every 2 weeks
· Video case studies produced as per strategic plan
· ID case study requirements
· Undertake 1 enviroSMART per month
· To see a client on purpose outside of ongoing projects at least 1 per month
· Standardise presentation across board and review every 3 months
· Obtain a client referral/testimonial/video interview for each project
· Website updates to announce project wins, project completions, case studies and referrals
· Manage and update tender rates
· -Project Post Mortems
· -Training In Company What We Do & How
· -Competitor Analysis
· -Future Trends
· -Review Prestart -Check Lots
· -Marketing -Strategy
· -Marketing Materials
Manage the tender pipeline
· Every 3 months review and evaluate cost rates with the team
· Manage post contract post mortem for each project with Operations team
· Conduct training programs as follows:
– EnviroSMART for team – 1 per 2 months
– Once every 3 months deliver a training session on business values, marketing, technology etc.
· Undertake competitor analysis every 6 months
· To take 1 day per month to review future trends, strategies and deliver two good ideas for innovation
· Review pre-start check list quarterly
· Review marketing strategy quarterly
|Skills and Aptitude |
(Including team working, safety awareness)
The key skills, abilities and aptitude, including the those relating to the core values, e.g. additional would be verbal/written communication, It skills, team working).
· Verbal/written communication/interpersonal skills
Anything is outside the areas above, and is required to undertake the role, e.g. the ability to travel nationally, car driver etc.
· Driving licence
· Ability to travel nationally on occasions
Any previous experience required to undertake the role, e.g. experience a managing team etc.
· Relevant experience
Any relevant qualifications or formal training required to undertake the role, e.g. CIPD, relevant degree or good standard of written English, tractor driving proficiency.
· Degree level
Any general or specific knowledge required to undertake the role, e.g. knowledge of the construction sector
· Waste and Remediation knowledge
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
Location: Head Office based but there will be a requirement to travel to sites across the UK.
|Job Purpose Statement|
The purpose of this role will be to work as part of a team in the commercial department and to carry out all duties in relation to cost management including cost analysis, cost mitigation, vetting client contracts, preparing sub-contracts, undertaking valuations in accordance with the contract, agreeing and processing relevant sub-contractor payments. You will also be required to visit sites and offer commercial advice, as well as identify and correctly notify variations, extensions of time, etc.
· All Internal Departments
· Plant Hire and Suppliers
· Client and representatives
|Job Duties |
· Vetting of the client’s main contract and terms and conditions
· Ongoing cost analysis of projects including forecast cost to completion
· Perform risk, value, and cost management analysis
· In conjunction with the Contracts Manager prepare sub-contracts and scope documents
· Manage interim payments with the clients and final accounts
· Prepare monthly project costs and value reports
· Manage interim payments with the sub-contractors and final accounts
· Manage retention payments
· Deal with any claims to the clients (with the help of payments)
· Agree any extra works and day works with client
· Monitor applications, payments and any shortfalls and action for all projects in table to include – contract sum, extras, value to date, % complete, budgeted cost, actual costs, variance, accruals, retention, payment terms, valuation dates etc
· Assist the estimating team with commercial input
|Skills and Aptitude |
· Strong numeracy and financial management skills
· Strong communication and negotiation skills
· Team worker with good interpersonal skills
· Motivated and hardworking
· Manage the prioritisation of demanding deadlines.
· Be a problem solver
|Experience and Knowledge|
· Be well versed with all forms of contract.
· Strong negotiating experience.
· Must have between 3 and 5 years` experience as a Quantity Surveyor.
· Sound building and construction knowledge.
· The candidate will be very hands-on with a sound knowledge of the civil engineering sector.
· The successful candidate will be suitably qualified preferably with a degree in Quantity Surveying although other applicants with a long history in Quantity Surveying will be considered.