Join our team
So, why work for us? Here at Team Dunton it’s not just about what we do but how we do it! We care about the environment, we care about our customers and we care about each other.
We want ‘A Team’ players to work with us, to grow our business and make a huge positive impact on our organisation. This means you will not only have the skill and technical expertise that your chosen profession requires but also are a great communicator with a ‘can do’ attitude, you are enthusiastic and reliable and always strive to do the right thing for the right reasons. We reward great performance, not only with great packages and varied development opportunities, but also loyalty and support.
If this sounds like your kind of place, and you think you sound like our kind of person please check the currently available vacancies below. If there isn’t anything in your field or location please use the form to send us your CV, along with details of what you may be interested in and we’ll add you to our candidate database to keep in touch about future opportunities.
Dunton have sites across the UK and our new Head Office will be based in Aldridge Walsall from September 2019.
We employ great people. When it comes to employee performance, we always aim for outstanding. That’s because we know that one outstanding employee can outshine an entire team. It’s our goal to hire and retain performing “A” Players.
Reporting to: Site Manager/Projects Manager
Job Purpose Statement
To directly oversee All site based operations and to maintain an efficient and safe delivery of the project objectives, ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- All site workers
- Projects / Contracts Manager
- Plant Hire and suppliers
- Client and his representatives
- Complete projects Incident and Injury free
- Complete projects without ANY environmental incidents
- Ensure ALL plant, labour and materials are ordered in a timely manner to meet the contract programme
- Managing DUNTON and Sub-contractor employees in line with the Project programme
- Complete projects to the agreed specification and quality
- Ensure ALL DE required paperwork is completed in a timely manner
- Representing DUNTON in a professional manner and maintaining the company’s corporate and commercial image.
- Ensuring that all work is planned and undertaken in line with the Company’s Health and Safety and Environmental Policy.
- Ensuring that SSMS is run and maintained on every project.
- Maintain a Day-to-Day relationship with the “Customer”.
- Ensuring and optimising DUNTON livery opportunities at all sites (Plant Hire equipment, Perimeter fences, site huts, PPE, etc.).
- Ensure all equipment is clean and maintained and the weekly maintenance schedule is kept up to date and reported.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are used in a safe and conscientious manner (includes daily check for wear and tear and tool replacement as necessary).
- Implementation in conjunction with the Site Manager all site-specific Health & Safety matters including DE Sub-contractors.
- House-keeping (Safe Site, PPE equipment, etc.)
- Understanding of RIDDOR requirements and submission of relevant data for Company Accident Book, e.g. written record of accidents to be submitted to Head Office
- Conducting Toolbox talks as appropriate in conjunction with the Site Manager.
Skills and Aptitude
- Understanding and experience of earthwork plant, e.g. excavators
- Planning and organisation of the site
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Be able to communicate at all levels
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental compliance are adhered to
- Minimum of 5 years on site management experience within a similar role
- CPCS (Where applicable)
- First Aid
(Development positions also available)
Reporting to: SHEQ Administrator, indirectly to HR Manager
Job Purpose Statement
The purpose of this role is to provide full administration support to the HR and SHEQ Department
Key relationships internal/external
- The Board of Directors
- All internal departments
- External Providers
Ensuring team KPIs are met and monthly check-ins are undertaken to promote a goal orientated, transparent and motivated team.
1. Admin Support HR
Ensuring the team understands the vision and values of the organisation and their fit. What the key accountabilities mean.
To Assist the Senior HR Advisor with Administration duties as required such as:
- Assisting with the preparation of HR Board Reports
- Monthly Check-In documentation and review
- Payroll using BreathHr and assisting the Accountant with SAGE50.
- Keeping all personnel files updated and reviewed.
- Logging probation reviews and filing confidential paperwork
- Advertising for new hires internally and externally
- Assisting and liaising with Pension and Private Medical providers and keeping documents of staff current and updated
- Correspondence as necessary
2. Admin Support SHEQ
To Assist the SHEQ Administrator with Health & Safety Administration Duties such as:
- Health & Safety Pack completion for new projects
- Risk Assessment/COSHH assessment updates
- Updating training records and booking training for employees
- Assisting with booking Health & Safety Tests for employees
- Assisting with the completion of SHEQ Board Reports
- Assisting with the renewal of Health & Safety Accreditations for the business.
- Assisting with the update of Health & Safety Construction Profiles such as Builders Profile and Constructionline.
- Support documents and assist with Admin tasks in Dunton Academy.
- Host D.A. days (meet and greet and organise activities and visit event
Skills/abilities and Aptitude
(including team working, safety awareness)
The key skills, abilities and aptitude, including the those relating to the core values, e.g. additional would be verbal/written communication, IT skills, team working).
- Good written/verbal communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Microsoft office – word/excel/PowerPoint
- HR experience desirable
- SAGE50 experience desirable
- SHEQ/ Health & Safety experience desirable
Experience in a busy admin environment Essential
Any relevant qualifications or formal training required to undertake the role, e.g. CIPD, relevant degree or good standard of written English,
GCSE including Maths and English
General and Specialist Knowledge
Any general or specific knowledge required to undertake the role, e.g. knowledge of the construction sector
Anything is outside the areas above, and is required to undertake the role, e.g. the ability to travel nationally, car driver etc.
Reporting to: Operations Director
Location: Office based with site visits
Job Purpose Statement
The purpose of this role will be to oversee the growing commercial team and to carry out all
duties in relation to cost management including but not limited to; cost mitigation, vetting and
agreeing client contracts, preparing sub-contracts, to undertake valuations in accordance with the
contract, agree and process relevant sub-contractor payments and to ensure consistent delivery
of forecast margins . You will also be responsible for assisting your team with preparing claim
documents for variations, EoT’s and loss and expense. You will also need experience in cost
analysis and cost mitigation as well as accurate cost forecasting. You will be responsible for
writing a commercial board report and to produce in conjunction with the accounts department
and operations team an accurate set of CVR’s for all projects.
- All Internal Departments
- Client and his representatives
- Take responsibility for the commercial performance of all projects
- Vetting of the client’s main contract and terms and conditions
- Ongoing cost analysis of projects including forecast cost to completion and cost mitigation
- Ensure all projects are delivered in accordance with the contract
- Preparation of claim documents such as variations, EoT, loss and expense and delay and
- Perform risk and value management
- In conjunction with the Contracts Manager prepare sub-contracts with clear and concise
- Agree interim payments with the clients and final accounts
- Pro-actively contribute to value management and value engineering solutions at all levels
- Prepare monthly project costs and value reports
- Agree interim payments with the sub-contractors and final accounts
- Manage retention payments
- Develop commercial strategies
- Prepare a monthly financial report for the board of directors
- To carry out all your duties within the scope, purpose and spirit of the job as requested by
the Directors and to the company’s culture.
- Reconciliation of all account costs against projects
- Liaise with the site and collect and then compile dayworks sheets and review contract extra works and submit in valuations
- Deal with any claims to the clients in a timely, concise and clear manner
- Agree any extra works and day works with client
- Monitor payments and shortfalls and action for all projects in table to include – contract
sum, extras, value to date, % complete, budgeted cost, actual costs, variance, accruals,
retention, payment terms, valuation dates etc.
- Prepare cost to complete budgets
- Regular meetings with the client PQS
- Assisting the estimating team with commercial input
Skills and Aptitude
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Team worker with good interpersonal skills
- Motivated and hardworking
- Be proficient in using a wide variety of computer programmes.
- Ability to prioritise and to meet demanding deadlines.
- Be a problem solver
- Energetic and self-motivated
Experience and Knowledge
- Be well versed with all forms of contract and contract administration
- Have claims knowledge and experience
- Have negotiating experience
- Must have between 5 and 10 years` experience as a Quantity Surveyor preferably with an
- Sound building and construction knowledge.
- The candidate will be very hands-on with a sound knowledge of the civil engineering
- Experience with accounts cost systems
- The successful candidate will be suitably qualified preferably with a degree in Quantity
Surveying although other applicants with a long history in Quantity Surveying will be