Join our team
So, why work for us? Here at Team Dunton it’s not just about what we do but how we do it! We care about the environment, we care about our customers and we care about each other.
We want ‘A Team’ players to work with us, to grow our business and make a huge positive impact on our organisation. This means you will not only have the skill and technical expertise that your chosen profession requires but also are a great communicator with a ‘can do’ attitude, you are enthusiastic and reliable and always strive to do the right thing for the right reasons. We reward great performance, not only with great packages and varied development opportunities, but also loyalty and support.
If this sounds like your kind of place, and you think you sound like our kind of person please check the currently available vacancies below. If there isn’t anything in your field or location please use the form to send us your CV, along with details of what you may be interested in and we’ll add you to our candidate database to keep in touch about future opportunities.
Dunton have sites across the UK and our new Head Office is now based in Aldridge Walsall.
We employ great people. When it comes to employee performance, we always aim for outstanding. That’s because we know that one outstanding employee can outshine an entire team. It’s our goal to hire and retain performing “A” Players.
Please click job title for details
Job Description – Site Manager
Reporting to: Contracts Manager
Location: Site Based
|Job Purpose Statement|
The purpose of this role is to take accountability for the running and successful handover of the project to the client in a timely and professional manner and manage and ensure the smooth running of the site and ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
· All Internal departments
· Plant Hire and Suppliers
· Client and his representatives
§ Delivering project in line with Quality, Cost and Programme.
§ Complete projects Incident and Injury free
§ Complete projects without ANY environmental incidents
§ Ensure ALL plant, labour and materials are ordered in a timely manner to meet the contract programme
§ Representing DUNTON in a professional manner and maintaining the company’s corporate and commercial image.
§ Communicating issues in a timely manner with Line Management. Reviewing and agreeing key strategic decisions prior to communication with the customer/client.
§ Drawing up and agreeing detailed Cost and Programme targets at commencement in conjunction with the Contracts Manager
§ Developing a positive management style to utilise the skills and opportunities that exist, to help grow the business.
§ Monitoring and reporting back to the Health and Safety Manager and HR Department on the capabilities of personnel assigned to their projects and possible training requirements.
§ Ensuring that all work is planned and undertaken in line with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy.
§ Ensuring that SSMS is run and maintained on site.
§ Ensuring that where DE are main contractor that the project is run in line with the CDM Health and Safety Plan.
§ To draw up and instigate safe methods of work in liaison with Technical/Compliance utilising:
· Method Statements
· Risk Assessments
· COSHH Assessments
· Environmental Assessments
§ To draw up and instigate control measures for all work in accordance with DE ISO 9001 & 14001 & 18001 accreditation and procedures in liaison with technical/compliance:
· Quality Plan
· Environmental Plan
· Test Record procedures
· Testing Record Reports
· Design Checks
· Document Records (to and from client)
§ Maintain a Day-to-Day relationship with the “Customer”.
§ Ensuring and optimising DUNTON livery opportunities at all sites (Plant Hire equipment, Perimeter fences, site huts, PPE, etc.).
§ Ensuring all plant is hired and off hired in line with DE procurement procedures.
§ Overseeing the General Foreman to ensure all equipment is cleaned and maintained and that the weekly maintenance schedule is being kept up to date and reported.
§ Overseeing the General Foreman to ensures all tools and equipment are used in a safe and conscientious manner (includes daily check for wear and tear and tool replacement as necessary).
§ To ensure all Holiday Requests are submitted in writing for all staff, to either the Contracts Manager or HR Department 4 -6 weeks prior to the holiday for their full approval.
§ Completion and submission of administrative inputs on a timely basis to Head Office, weekly, monthly and contract completion etc.
· Ensure Cost versus Target Cost Report (weekly)
· Ensure Progress against targeted programme (weekly)
· Plant Maintenance schedules (weekly)
· Ensure completion of Allocation sheets (weekly)
· Site Diaries (weekly)
· Delivery notes (weekly)
· Expense Forms (monthly)
· Overseeing Breathe HR entries for Holiday requests and inputting of Sickness absence.
· Measurement Records (as required by the Commercial Manager to meet the valuation dates)
· SSMS Records (all records to be submitted to office on completion). (Friday packs)
§ Managing DUNTON and Sub-contractor employees.
§ Implementation all site-specific Health & Safety matters, including DE Sub-contractors.
· House-keeping (Safe Site, PPE equipment, etc.)
· Understanding of RIDDOR requirements and submission of relevant data for Company Accident Book, e.g. written record of accidents to be submitted to Head Office
§ Conducting Toolbox talks as appropriate in conjunction with the General Foreman.
|Skills and Aptitude |
· At least 5 years’ experience working within the waste industry
· Good level of IT use and Budget Management
Job Description – Contracts Manager
|Reporting to/Responsible for: Operations Director. Responsible for managing the successful delivery of projects||Salary Range:|
|Department/Location: Operations||Date: 11 April 2022|
|Our Core Values:|
· Show you Care
· Do your Best
· Do the Right Thing
· Do What You Say You’re Going To Do
“Our vision is to do something so significant and lasting to improve and restore our environment, that its impact and legacy will be felt to mankind forever.”
|Job Purpose Statement|
Is to manage and oversee all projects by liaising with Project and Site Managers, commercial, technical & H&S to deliver projects accident & incident free, to budget and programme. To ensure projects are legally compliant and customer satisfaction is maintained/enhanced.
Key relationships internal/external
· Internal departments with emphasis on commercial and technical
· External suppliers
· Future and existing clients
|Job Accountabilities (may be %)|
|· Ensure the project resourced programme is in place 2 weeks prior to commencing on site|
· Lead & manage project review meetings and record actions
· Ensure as a minimum we achieve 93% or better from H&S audits
· Ensure orders are raised in line with the PRO system & are within budget
· Maximise VE opportunities & identify and mitigate risks
· To direct / motivate the team to deliver the business primary objectives
· Ensure projects are legally compliant
· CVR budgets do not exceed 10% of budget after any windfall
|Ensuring the team understands the vision and values of the organisation and their fit. What the key accountabilities mean.|
Monitor the regular progress of the project to ensure delivery in line with the programme
Work with commercial to identify and maximise VE or any other opportunists. Ensure all orders are raised correctly and to the budget.
Ensure RFI’s, early warnings, variations, EOT’s are requested/in place. To correctly administer the contract.
Ensure projects are constructed to the correct specification and recorded properly
Work with technical to ensure testing & reporting is in line with the specification and budget and that the final report is submitted within the timescales given
Motivate and direct subordinates as required. Carry out monthly check-ins and help with performance management
Ensure the effective management of plant, labour & materials on site.
|Ensuring team KPIs are met and monthly check-ins are undertaken to promote a goal orientated, transparent and motivated team.|
1 Programme delivery
2 Programme issued 2 weeks prior to starting on site
3 Non-conformances against specification
4 Minimum 93% to be attained from audits
5 PRO system
6 Attain 2.5% betterment from budget through VE
|Skills/abilities and Aptitude |
(including team working, safety awareness)
The key skills, abilities and aptitude, including those relating to the core values, e.g. additional would be verbal/written communication, IT skills, team working).
Positive / Can Do, Integrity, Selfless, Accountable, Professional, Conscientious, Confident, Passionate, Common Sense, Entrepreneurial, Approachable, Flexible, Fun
Project Management Skills – to be able to monitor the effectiveness of the project/Site Manager
Good communication skills – required for passing and receiving information for all the stakeholders
Managing budgets and finances – including key account credit limits and company cash flow position
Performance Management – Ensure subordinate roles are accountable for their delivery of the project and company goal and objectives. To mentor and motivate where necessary.
Creative – To develop lateral problem-solving skills and raise ideas to produce real cost saving opportunities
Personal development – To grow as an individual and take responsibility for your own personal development
Any previous experience required to undertake the role, e.g. experience managing team etc.
· Previous experience of managing individuals as well as teams
· Experience working with plant
· Experience in remediation and earthworks
Any relevant qualifications or formal training required to undertake the role, e.g. CIPD, relevant degree or good standard of written English, tractor driving proficiency.
|General and Specialist Knowledge|
Any general or specific knowledge required to undertake the role, e.g. knowledge of the construction sector
Anything is outside the areas above, and is required to undertake the role, e.g. the ability to travel nationally, car driver etc.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
Location: Head Office based but there will be a requirement to travel to sites across the UK.
|Job Purpose Statement|
The purpose of this role will be to work as part of a team in the commercial department and to carry out all duties in relation to cost management including cost analysis, cost mitigation, vetting client contracts, preparing sub-contracts, undertaking valuations in accordance with the contract, agreeing and processing relevant sub-contractor payments. You will also be required to visit sites and offer commercial advice, as well as identify and correctly notify variations, extensions of time, etc.
· All Internal Departments
· Plant Hire and Suppliers
· Client and representatives
|Job Duties |
· Vetting of the client’s main contract and terms and conditions
· Ongoing cost analysis of projects including forecast cost to completion
· Perform risk, value, and cost management analysis
· In conjunction with the Contracts Manager prepare sub-contracts and scope documents
· Manage interim payments with the clients and final accounts
· Prepare monthly project costs and value reports
· Manage interim payments with the sub-contractors and final accounts
· Manage retention payments
· Deal with any claims to the clients (with the help of payments)
· Agree any extra works and day works with client
· Monitor applications, payments and any shortfalls and action for all projects in table to include – contract sum, extras, value to date, % complete, budgeted cost, actual costs, variance, accruals, retention, payment terms, valuation dates etc
· Assist the estimating team with commercial input
|Skills and Aptitude |
· Strong numeracy and financial management skills
· Strong communication and negotiation skills
· Team worker with good interpersonal skills
· Motivated and hardworking
· Manage the prioritisation of demanding deadlines.
· Be a problem solver
|Experience and Knowledge|
· Be well versed with all forms of contract.
· Strong negotiating experience.
· Must have between 3 and 5 years` experience as a Quantity Surveyor.
· Sound building and construction knowledge.
· The candidate will be very hands-on with a sound knowledge of the civil engineering sector.
· The successful candidate will be suitably qualified preferably with a degree in Quantity Surveying although other applicants with a long history in Quantity Surveying will be considered.