Interserve is one of the world’s leading support services, construction and equipment companies. They offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and frontline services to public and private-sector clients in more than 40 countries.
- Hydro-carbon contamination levels were reduced on average by more than 70% over an average timescale of 3 weeks.
- Heavy metals contamination was reduced by more than 50% within an average timescale of 2 weeks.
- Project programme was 13 weeks and within that period 25,000 tonnes of contamination were excavated, screened, processed, treated, tested and disposed off site to various inert type landfill sites.
- The net impact was a 65% savings on their site regeneration costs.
- Dunton Environmental specialist technologies helped significantly reduce the client’s project cost within a timescale that did not adversely affect the overall site programme.
- Dunton Environmental was able to divert a substantial volume of contaminated waste from Hazardous Landfill, via accelerated bio-remediation of hydro-carbon contamination and via Dunton’s regener8 technology which rapidly reduced the heavy metal contamination via chemical oxidation, ionic exchange and metathesis reactions.
“Dunton are specialists in the remediation sector and have successfully delivered innovative solutions to overcome remediation challenges on a number of our developments past and present.”
Alex Vicary MRICS
Associate Director – Technical
Crest Strategic Projects