VINCI Construction UK is a specialist civil engineering, construction and facilities management company. Part of the global VINCI Group, they are known for the innovation, creativity and technological mastery with which we tackle the most complex of projects.
Our Solution –
- Containment of surface water at the lowest gradient on site, in effect generating a settlement lagoon, to allow quick settling solids to fall out of suspension, whilst leaving the slow settling solids within the suspension.
- To treat the suspended solids DEL needed to overcome the inter-particle repulsion forces. This was completed by chemically treating the water with coagulants and flocculants, through chemical addition and aggregation the individual clay particles combined into larger created particulates.
- Laboratory trials were undertaken to determine the optimum chemical treatment.
- The larger combined particles were then separated from the water through a lamella clarifier.
- The ‘clean’ water then required pH treatment to ensure the discharged water complied with the pH discharge criteria.
- The separated larger combined particles were re-used on site following lime and cement stabilisation treatment.
“We have known the Dunton team for a number of years and I’ve personally worked with them on a few of these schemes. They are a good, clear and knowledgeable partner who have brought innovation and efficiency to our ground regeneration schemes, hopefully they will be able to provide you with the same benefits.”
Nick Gibb LLB (Hons) APMP MRICS
Deputy Managing Director
Willmott Dixon Construction