The purpose of this role is to manage and oversee all projects by liaising with Contracts Managers and Site Managers on a daily basis.
· Manage projects in line with the contract programme
· Complete projects to the agreed budget
· Complete projects to the agreed specification and quality
· Complete projects incident and injury free
· Have an input into any value engineering of the project prior to commencing
· Ensure efficient use of plant
· Coordinate with all departments to ensure resources are used effectively
· Ensures all site paperwork and reports are completed and issued in a timely manner
Before a project starts:
· Confirmation that a pre-start meeting has taken place and all pre-start issues assigned to a party have been actioned.
· Ensure the contract programme has been issued to the site manager and is understood.
· Check and understand the budget from evaluate
· Confirm the site specific health and safety documentation has been issued
· Check the site specific works method statements has been assessed and validated
· Produce a site specific operations brief for review by the Senior Management Team.
· Ensure plant and labour is organised prior to commencing on site
Prepare a weekly project report in conjunction with the site manager to include:
o Confirmation of actions completed from the pre-start meeting
o Program update and deviations report
o Health and Safety audits
o Reports on accidents
o Reports on damage
o Report on any extra works
o Weekly cost reports
o Weekly labour movement plan
o ITPs and handovers
After completion of the project
· Confirmation of completion of the Health and Safety file and has been issued to client
· Confirmation from the Client for sign off of the works in writing
· Produce Photos and narrative for possible case studies
· Produce Information for final reporting
· Has been given a full brief of the project and understands all aspects of the programme, budget, technical and validation issues.
· Has a hard copy of all the documents described above.
· Has assigned all relevant operational tasks for action.
· Has made a list of all plant, labour and materials needed for the project before works on site start.
· Is ordering resources based on tender budgets including rates and durations.
· Advise client of factors affecting programme outside our control.
· Ensure Site Instructions are received for works additional to Caledonian scope of works.
· Liaise with commercial department with regard to variations and cost issues.
· Identify H&S issues when visiting sites
· Ensure all work carried out is in line with the relevant method statements/risk assessments
· Feedback issues to enable design and quality improvements.
· Is completing purchase order as per the company format
· Is managing the weekly resource request forms from site and ensuring that adequate supply of all resources is taking place
· Is visiting each site at least once per week and reviewing, programme, budget, extra costs, quality and meeting with the client.
· Has clearly communicated the project programme, key budget targets and validation matters to the team
· Has a clear understanding of the budget and contracted scope of works. Is ensuring that weekly updates are being made to directors on additional costs and the client has agreed to and signed off all extra works items
· Has a clear understanding of the scope of our testing and validation responsibilities.
· Is overseeing the Health and Safety on site and the site audits and making changes as required
· Attends handover meeting with client and completes feedback forms with client
Strategic issues to manage:
o Responding to the demand for technical paperwork and need to produce accurate reports
o Develop higher standards for health and safety and understand our need to raise our company standard’s.
o The ability to increase commercial awareness amongst site managers and employees
o The ability to develop site operations report and feedback system
o The ability to build relationships with Client on site and in office
o The ability to develop active client feedback surveys
o The ability to develop supply chain relationships and manage terms
o Monitor and arrange for plant requirements to be met
Skills and Aptitude
· Ability to communicate at all levels within the project
· Have a clear understanding of Project Management
· Have the ability to motivate and encourage on site employees
· An awareness of current IT requirements
· At least 3 years’ experience within a Project Management role
· Industry standard qualifications such as but not limited to SMSTS, HNC, HND, Civil Engineering or Project management